This is a deviation from the normal post about the girls, but I thought it was so nuts, I had to share with all of you... Last night, I went into Raleigh with Mom, and my sisters Rachael, and Bethany to let Bethany go to the Celtic Women concert and so the rest of us could do some shopping while we waited for her. Well, it all went fine (thanks to my bro-in law, Mark, who helped us find our way back). We were headed home at about 11:00 and had gotten just out of Raleigh (on US 64) and got stuck in the biggest traffic jam I have EVER seen. We were all praying for the people that were hurt in the accident (the first assumption for such occasions) and wondering what was taking so long...well, after 2 HOURS of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (and once again checking in with Mark to see if he could find any traffic info--what were we, crazy, it was after 11--but we were desperate) and only going about 5 miles (if that), we saw a orange construction sign...but instead of saying "Road Construction Ahead", it said "DWI Checkpoint Ahead"...that's right...our 2 hour wait had not been for an accident, but because an army of police personel (we think about 50 cars, 100-150 police persons, the k-9 unit, the breathilizer unit, and a host of others) were stopping EVERY car. Well, let me tell you that I am TOTALLY AGAINST drunk driving and I totally think that those who do so should be punished, but was this the best way to catch them...I THINK NOT!!! The funniest thing to me was after they stopped Mom, who at this point is so annoyed, she couldn't think straight, and asked her where she had been, and where she lived, and if she had had anything to drink--which of course she hadn't, the man says "and here is a MADD ribbon for your car"...what exactly are we supposed to do with that...
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment