Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Are we NUTS???!!!

Just imagine...My sister, Rachael, and I decided to take a road trip with our combined 5 children (who are all 5 and under). Her roommate from college, Hannah was down visiting her family from her home in Conn., and so we made plans to meet her at Maymont Park in Richmond, VA. Richmond is only about 2.5-3 hours from here, but with 5 kids in a car (and I knew that mine don't LOVE the car, esp. Kate), I wasn't sure what we had gotten ourselves into...but we had a great time!!! Maymont was beautiful, and even though we picked what I still think is the hottest day we have had this year, it was a lot of fun!!! Here are some pics from our adventure...

They had a maze make with old feed sacks that the kids all LOVED

Standing in line on the old scale--Carter, Abbie and Emma

(they were fighting over whose turn it was...that will change in a few years)

They had a few animals,
which other than the ice cream cones,
was the kids' favorite part

Abbie petting the goat
Looking over at the fountain...

who is surprised and who is trying to get IN---

NOT ME (that is Kate, by the way)

There she is again...on firm ground this time

And here is Hannah and her daughter, Matilda...

It was great to see Hannah and meet Matilda for the first time

No comments: